Mantra, Sanskrit, and Asana
with MANORAMA, DARREN RHODES, & SAM RICE
Mantra, Sanskrit, and Asana Intensive
with Manorama, Darren Rhodes, and Sam Rice
Join us for this unforgettable weekend of Mantra and Sanskrit Studies with Manorama, accompanied by Hatha yoga with Darren Rhodes and Sam Rice.
Friday night Satsang with Manorama (Friday night 7PM-8:30)
Meditation, Sanskrit Chanting, & Readings with Manorama!
Manorama will lead Luminous Soul Meditation, Sanskrit chanting and Wisdom Discussion. Whether you are new or have been practicing a long time, join YogaOasis for this special event with Manorama to elevate your spirit, honor the light of the great sages and energize your mind and heart.
Learn the Sanskrit Alphabet With Manorama; Sanskrit Studies Module 1 (Saturday and Sunday 9AM-1PM)
Discover how life itself is reflected in the structure of Sanskrit grammar. Engage Sanskrit with joy, curiosity and focus! A Sanskrit Studies Method class promises to be filled with tradition, humor, depth, heartfelt devotion, and focus.
This course is an immersion into the Sanskrit language through the study of the Sanskrit alphabet, it includes asana names, select mantras, and Luminous Soul Meditation and principles.
• proper pronunciation of the entire Sanskrit alphabet, giving you confidence to chant mantras and speak asana names with ease;
• why Sanskrit mantras are healing for the listener;
• the unique Sanskrit Studies Method of learning Sanskrit;
• the Luminous Soul Meditation practice, which teaches you how to quiet the mind and return it to a natural energized peaceful state, no matter the challenge;
• and develop insight into why Sanskrit is called the language of vibration and why that’s important.
Elements of the course include:
• proper pronunciation of the Sanskrit alphabet;
• understanding breath and its place in your yogic practice, as well as in chanting Sanskrit mantras;
• practice the Luminous Soul Meditation to help you access peace at any time;
• becoming skilled in chanting two select mantras that are popular in yoga classes around the world;
• Practice reading the Sanskrit letters in their original form, called devanagari, as well as in the transliteration script.
You’ll leave this Sanskrit Studies Method: Sanskrit Module 1 workshop feeling more confident and knowledgeable in your understanding of Sanskrit and how to incorporate the principles of the Sanskrit Studies Method into your life.
Great for Yoga Teachers and students interested to deepen their knowledge of Yoga.
Manorama is the director of the School of Sanskrit Studies in NYC, leads workshops on Luminous Shabda, a path which combines Sanskrit, Mantra Meditation and Yoga philosophy. Manorama’s mix of earthy charm, deep scholarship and humorous teaching style were born from years of close study with her Guru, Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, founder of Ananda Ashram and author of The Textbook of Yoga Psychology. Manorama shares her knowledge of Sanskrit and Luminous Shabda basing this work on the tradition that Shri Brahmananda taught her. For more information on Sanskrit Studies or Manorama visit www.sanskritstudies.org
Darren Rhodes, E-RYT 500, is the director of YogaOasis Studios in Tucson, AZ. Darren is featured in the yoga poster, Penchant for Practice. His book, The Yoga Resource Practice Manual, includes practice instructions for 360 poses. Darren is the founder of Yogahour and was named one of Yoga Journal's "21 Talented Young Teachers Shaping the Future of Yoga." Darren is also a faculty member of yogaglo.com.
Sam Rice, E-RYT 500 is a dedicated student and practitioner of yoga first and foremost. This fuels her passion for teaching. Sam is known for her diligent and detailed alignment instructions, delivered with great skill, passion, and humor, offering students the opportunity to find renewed depth in practice. Sam leads workshops, 200-hour and 300-hour teacher trainings both locally (Tucson, AZ) and nationally.